Skywatcher NEQ6 Pro SynScan Goto Equatorial Mount
This is the new NEQ6 mount which is pretty much identical to the previous model but the dovetail clamp is able to take a Losmandy style 3" dovetail plate. For amateur astronomers who want a GOTO equatorial mount for wide field and medium field visual and imaging use, the EQ6 PRO SynScan is good a value mount to consider with a reasonable carrying capacity and accuracy which won't break the bank.
Free shipping to UK mainland customers.
The EQ6 features an autoguider port, as well as periodic error correction (PEC), and is a very widely supported mount in terms of accessories and modifications. See the Altair EQ6 Heavy Duty Universal Saddle Plate Clamp and accessories for more info. If you want to mount the EQ6 on a pier, check out the Altair EQ6 Pier adapter for Altair/SkyShed Pier.
With the push-button Synscan ahnd controller., you can locate and view thousands of night sky objects including stars, nebulae, planets, globular clusters and galaxies with ease. The hand controller menu system points the mount automatically at over 13,400 objects.
The EQ6 SynScan TM Goto system also comes with features that advanced astronomers can appreciate:
- Positioning Accuracy up to 1 arc minute.
- 13,436 object database.
- Accuracy enhanced by software collimation error compensation (the software compensates for mount mechanical errors).
- Stepper motors with 1.8° step angle and 64 micro steps driven.
- Slewing speed up to 3.4°/sec (800X).
- Auto Guider Interface for astro-photography.
- Guiding speed selectable from 0.25X, 0.50X, 0.75X, or 1X.
- Object database containing complete M, NGC, and IC catalogues.
- Suitable for long-exposure astro-photography with wide field telescopes.
- Total Mount Head Weight: 23.5Kgs (51.7 lbs) (counterweight not included)
- Mount Head Weight: 16Kgs (35.2 lbs) approx.
- Counterweight Shaft Daimeter: 1.8cm
- Tripod: 2" Diameter Stainless Steel Pipe
- Tripod Weight: 7.5Kgs
- Tripod Height: 85-147cm
- Mount Height: 41cm
- Counterweight: Two, 5.1Kgs each
- Slow-motion Control: R.A. & Dec (motor controlled)
- SynScan GOTO Hand Controller Database: 25 user defined objects. Complete M, NGC, and IC catalogues. Total 13,436 objects.
- Alignment Methods: One-star Alignment, Two-star Alignment, Three-star Alignment
- Power Supply Required: 12 VDC 2Amp Tip positive (not supplied)
- Motor Type: Micro step driven 1.8° stepper motors
- Resolution: 0.144 arc sec (or 9,024,000 steps/rev.)
- Slew Speeds: 2X, 8X, 16X, 32X, 64X, 400X, 500X, 600X, 800X Gear Ratio: 705
- Tracking Rate: Sidereal, Lunar, Solar
- Tracking Modes: Dual Axis, R.A. Tracking
Incl. VAT 20.00 % ( £33.33 )
Incl. VAT 20.00 % ( £43.67 )
Incl. VAT 20.00 % ( £17.83 )
Incl. VAT 20.00 % ( £136.50 )
There have been no reviews for this product.