A full upgrade kit with everything required for easily upgrading the standard (non-PRO) EQ3-2 mountings for computerised GOTO capabilities. Kits comprise SynScanTM Flash Upgradeable GOTO handset, 2 x Stepper Motors for DEC and R.A. Drives, Replacement Control Panel / Motor Board, Hand Control Cable, Cable Clamp and Hand Control Holder (12V D.C. Power Supply required - not supplied).
- SynScan Updateable Hand Control
- New features include ongoing firmware updateability via the internet, Pointing Accuracy Enhancement (PAE), and capability to store star alignment data.
- High precision stepper motors
- Motor Controller: Microstep driving with auto-power saving feature
- Resolution: 0.288 arc second
- Slew Rate: 0.5x, 1x, 8x, 16x, 32x, 64x, 400x, 500x, 600x, 800x
- Tracking Rate: Sidereal, Lunar, Solar
- Tracking Mode: R.A. tracking
- ST-4 type Autoguider Interface: Support 0.25x, 0.5x, 0.75x 1x guiding rate
- Power requirement: 11 to 15 V DC 2 Amp (Tip positive) (Power supply not included)
- Alignment Method: One-Star Alignment, Two-Star Alignment, Three-Star Alignment
- Pointing Accuracy: Up to 1 arc min
- Object Catalogues: Messier, IC, NGC, Caldwell
- 13740 Object Database: Including Planets, Named Stars, Double Stars, Variable Stars & User-Defined Objects
- Backlash compensation
- Periodic Error Correction
- Premium PC Interface: ASCOM compatible, Nexstar-5i compatible protocol and command set
- User-tunable LCD contrast, LED backlight and buzzer volume
Please note: this product requires fitting with precision and care aligning gears and attaching motor housings, only basic instructions are included from the manufacturer.