Starlight Xpress Trius SX-26C Colour CCD Camera
The Trius 26C is a one shot colour CCD camera with a medium to larger 23.4x15.6mm image frame offered by the Sony ICX493AQA Super HAD sensor with 6.05uM x 6.05uM pixels in a 10.2mp array.
Altair tip: We often get asked what the difference is between the 26-C and 25-C cameras and which telescopes suit these cameras because they have the same frame dimensions yet different sensor specifications. Basically it's resolution and pixel size that's the most obvious difference between the two cameras, and the pixel size which is more of a consideration when it comes to matching camera to telescope. We recommend the 26C with higher 10.2mp resolution (6.05uM x 6.05uM pixels) if you have a short focal length refractor (shorter than, say 700mm) with a large image circle at about APS size. We recommend the more forgiving 6mp Trius M25 camera with 7.8 micron pixels if you have a longer focal length refractor of, say 800mm or longer or a reflector with a large image circle, such as a Ritchey Chretien or SCT.
Get in touch for special price when purchased with an Altair Astro telescope. We also provide special field flattener / spacer sets to match your RC or refractor telescope.
The Trius 26C will perform best with APO or reflector telescopes, due to the better colour correction (good colour correction is recommended when using a one-shot colour CCD camera for a purer image).
Back focal length only 17mm +/-1mm.
The CCD sensor can be adjusted in tilt from the front of the camera.
- High speed USB 2.0 interface for approx. 3.5 second downloads at full resolution (somewhat computer dependent).
- Built-in autoguider interface and output - compatible with our optional dedicated external guide cameras.
- 3x powered USB ports for guider and filter wheel control
- Single USB cable control for all features for less cables in use overall
- Very large, high resolution 'SuperHAD' CCD chip, with 10,202,400 x 6.05uM square pixels in a 23.4 x 15.6mm array.
- Single-shot colour, using a Bayer matrix of R, G and B on-chip filters. No filter wheel required.
- Triple USB hub for accessories, built-in.
- High performance two stage cooler for better than -35 C chip temperature reduction.
- Dry Argon chamber fill for improved cooling performance.
- Exceptionally low dark signal - No dark frames necessary for most deep sky objects.
- Exceptionally effective anti-blooming with minimal effect on linearity and no lost active area.
- High sensitivity, equivalent to 55% QE at peak of green filters.
- Back focal length 17mm +/-1mm.
- Built-in super high speed USB 2.0 interface for approx. 10 second downloads.
- Built-in autoguider output.
- Single USB cable control for all features - get rid of that dangerous cable tangle!
- Very low power consumption. Less than 1.5 amps at 12v DC.
- Compact and lightweight - only 75mm in diameter x 70mm long - less than 500 grams load on the telescope.
- CCD type: Sony ICX493AQA SuperHAD CCD with ultra low dark current, Bayer RGB matrix and vertical anti-blooming.
- CCD Full resolution Pixel data: Pixel size: 6.05uM x 6.05uM, Image format: 3900 x 2616 pixels
- CCD Image area: 23.4mm (Horizontal) x 15.6mm (Vertical).
- CCD quality: Grade 1 or better - No bad columns, no dead pixels, no more than 50 'hot' pixels (saturated in <10 seconds).
- Spectral Response: QE max at 540nM (~55%), 50% roll-off at 400nM and 650nM.
- Readout Noise: Less than 9 electrons RMS - typically ONLY 7 electrons!
- Full-well capacity: Greater than 25,000 e- (unbinned)
- Anti-blooming: Overload margin greater than 800x.
- Dark current: Dark frame saturation time greater than 100 hours. Less than 0.02 electrons/second @ + 10C ambient.
- Data format: 16 bits.
- System gain: 0.3 electrons per ADU
- Computer Interface: Built-in USB 2.0 compatible interface and triple output USB hub.
- Image download time: Typically 10 seconds at full resolution.
- Power requirements: 115VAC / 240VAC @ 12VA, or 12VDC @ 1.5 A max.
- Cooling system: Regulated set-point cooling supply with two stage thermoelectric cooler to give a minimum CCD temperature of approximately -35C below ambient.
- Dry Argon filled CCD chamber.
- Size: 75 x 70mm black anodised aluminium barrel with 42mm 'T2' thread at the CCD window end & input/output plugs at rear. CCD alignment screws are provided for setting the chip parallel to the focal plane.
- Weight: approx. 400g.