Starlight Xpress Trius SX-674 Mono or Colour CCD Camera
The Trius SX-674 features one of the best CCD sensors for astronomy from Sony to date. The Trius SX-674 is available in single-shot colour or mono versions for narrowband imaging with a filter wheel or quicker one-shot colour imaging.
Get in touch for special price when purchased with an Altair Astro telescope.
Quantum Efficiency is 77% which is very high for an interline camera combined with extremely low thermal (and readout) noise, and a very fast electronic shutter (no need for mechanical shutters, therefore more reliable). Image download is very quick, and the camera is very small and compact with low power usage.
- 2/3" format, high resolution 'EXview' CCD chip, with 2,830,000 x 4.54uM square pixels in a 10.97mm diagonal array. CCD Image area: 8.81mm (Horizontal) x 6.63mm (Vertical)
- Exceptionally low dark signal - No dark frames necessary for most deep sky objects.
- Exceptionally effective anti-blooming with minimal effect on linearity and no lost active area. High speed USB 2.0 interface for approx. 2 second downloads.
- Very high sensitivity - 77% QE at peak of response in yellow light, 65% at Hydrogen alpha line (656 nM).
- Built-in autoguider interface and output - compatible with our optional dedicated external guide cameras.
- 3x powered USB ports for guider and filter wheel control
- Single USB cable control for all features for less cables in use overall
- Very low power consumption. Less than 1 amp at 12v DC.
- Compact and lightweight - only 75mm in diameter x 70mm long - less than 500 grams load on the telescope.
- CCD type: Sony ICX674ALG (mono) EXview CCD with ultra low dark current and vertical anti-blooming. CCD Full resolution pixel data:
- Pixel size: 4.54uM x 4.54uM, Image format: 1940 x 1460 pixels
- CCD Image area: 8.81mm (Horizontal) x 6.63mm (Vertical).
- CCD quality: Grade 1 or better - No bad columns, no dead pixels, no more than 50 'hot' pixels (saturated in <10 seconds).
- Spectral Response: QE max at 580nM (~77%), 50% roll-off at 360nM and 770nM. Readout Noise: Less than 7 electrons
- RMS - typically ONLY 5 electrons!
- Full-well capacity: Greater than 20,000 e- (unbinned)
- Anti-blooming: Overload margin greater than 800x.
- Dark current: Less than 0.002 electrons/second @ - 10C CCD temperature.
- Data format: 16 bits.
- System gain: 0.3 electrons per ADU
- Computer Interface: Built-in USB 2.0 compatible interface.
- Image download time: Typically 2 seconds at full resolution.
- Power requirements: 115VAC / 240VAC @ 12VA, or 12VDC @ 900mA max.
- Cooling system: Regulated set-point cooling supply with thermoelectric cooler to give a minimum CCD temperature of approximately -30C below ambient.
- Size: 75 x 70mm black anodised aluminium barrel with 42mm 'T2' thread at the CCD window end & input/output plugs at rear.
- CCD alignment screws are provided for setting the chip parallel to the focal plane.
- Weight: approx. 400g.