Starlight Xpress Trius SX-9 Colour or Mono CCD Camera Sony ICX285AL
The SXV-H9C will work well with a telescope with a focal length roughly between 800mm (1.66 arc sec/pixel) and 500mm (2.66 arc sec.pixel).
Get in touch for special price when purchased with an Altair Astro telescope.
The Starlight Xpress Trius-H9 offers 1,447,680 pixels of resolution. Each pixel is 6.45 x 6.45 uM in size. It features exceptionally low dark signal so no dark frames are necessary for most deap sky objects. The new 'Trius' version also adds a triple USB hub and Argon filled CCD chamber.
The rear panel of the TRIUS-H9 provides multiple inputs and outputs, as shown. The three mini B USB sockets provide independent USB 2 outputs for controlling low power USB peripherals. For example, a Lodestar or SuperStar guider and an SX filter wheel may be connected via these ports. The RJ11 autoguider output is opto-isolated and will drive any standard active-low guider input via an RJ11 'telephone' lead.
- High resolution 'Exview' CCD chip, with 1,447,680 x 6.45uM pixels in a 9 x 6.7mm array.
- Exceptionally low dark signal - No dark frames necessary for most deep sky objects.
- Triple output powered USB hub built-in for guider and wheel control etc.
- Dual stage high performance cooler with -40C delta T
- Dry Argon-filled CCD chamber for efficient cooling.
- Exceptionally effective anti-blooming with minimal effect on linearity and no lost active area.
- Built-in very high speed USB 2.0 interface for sub-1 second downloads.
- Exceptionally high QE over an extremely wide spectral range from near UV to deep IR.
- Built-in autoguider interface and output - compatible with the optional dedicated external guide camera.
- Built-in dual serial ports for accessory control - directly drive filter wheels, GOTO 'scopes etc.
- Single USB cable control for all features - get rid of that dangerous cable tangle!
- Only ONE computer needed to control all of the devices and functions.
- Very low power consumption. Less than 1.5 amps at 12v DC.
- Compact and lightweight - only 75mm in diameter x 70mm long - less than 300 grams load on the 'scope
|CCD type||Sony ICX285AL Exview HAD CCD with ultra low dark current, extended IR response and vertical anti-blooming|
|CCD Full resolution pixel data||Pixel size: 6.45uM x 6.45uM, Image format: 1392 x 1040 pixels|
|CCD Image area||8.98mm (Horizontal) x 6.7mm (Vertical)|
|CCD quality||Grade 1 or better - No bad columns, no dead pixels, no more than 6 'hot' pixels (saturated in <10 seconds)|
|Spectral Response||QE max at 540nM (~65%), 50% roll-off at 400nM and 750nM|
|Readout Noise||Less than 7 electrons RMS - typically ONLY 5 electrons!|
|Full-well capacity||Greater than 23,000 e- (unbinned)|
|Anti-blooming||Overload margin greater than 800x|
|Dark current||Dark frame saturation time greater than 100 hours. Less than 0.02 electrons/second @ + 10C ambient.|
|Data format||16 bits|
|System gain||0.35 electrons per ADU|
|Computer Interface||Built-in USB 2.0 compatible interface with 3 port USB 2 hub for peripheral devices|
|Image download time||Typically 0.6 seconds at full resolution using USB 2.0|
|Power requirements||115VAC / 240VAC @ 12VA, or 12VDC @ 1.5 A max|
|Cooling system||Regulated set-point cooling supply with two stage thermoelectric cooler to give a CCD temperature of better than -40C below ambient. Dry Argon fill|
|Size||75 x 70mm black anodised aluminium barrel with 42mm 'T2' thread at the CCD window end & input/output plugs at rear.|
Incl. VAT 20.00 % ( £10.83 )
Incl. VAT 20.00 % ( £12.17 )
Incl. VAT 20.00 % ( £49.92 )
Incl. VAT 20.00 % ( £708.33 )
There have been no reviews for this product.