Starwave 50mm Guide Scope and GPCAM Guide Camera COMBO
Auto-guider package with the extremely sensitive Altair GPCAM and the Starwave 50mm Guide Scope.
- More sensitive than the older MT9M034M sensor in the GPCAM 120MM, with quality all-metal focuser.
- No more polar alignment hassles! 1 year free SharpCap PRO software license! The most accurate Polar Alignment Software on the market, plus Plate Solving.
- Light weight and with a focal length of 206.6mm, will guide up to around 500mm focal length scopes, and even longer with the right balance.
In the box:
1. Altair GPCAM Mono Guide Camera:
- Altair GPCAM 130M MONO Guide Camera with ST4 Port and MT9M034M sensor (more sensitive to red than the older 120 series).
- 1.25" Nosepiece/Barrel with 1.25" Filter thread on front
- ST4 Cable
- USB Cable
- The GPCAM Meteor LENS is not included but can be ordered separately.
- AltairCapture software & ASCOM driver for PHD Guiding (Windows PC Compatible, free download from www.altairastro.help)
- 1 year free SharpCap PRO software license! This enables plate solving to point your GOTO telescope, but also the most accurate Polar Alignment Software on the market. No more polar alignment hassles! Windows PC compatible.
2. Guide Scope:
- The Starwave 50mm Guide Scope kit, which includes:
- 50mm F4 Optical Tube with 1.25" non-rotating Micro focuser (with locking thumbscrew)
- Adjustable rings with Nylon Tipped thumbscrews
- Metal Finder Stalk
- Universal Finder Scope Base Code: UNIFBR
Guide Scope Features:
- 50mm lens focal length of 206.6mm (F4.1) which is perfect for autoguiding a small refractor with GPCAM Series Camera.
- The focuser has a tri-clamp 1.25" ID push-fit adapter with brass compression ring, allowing use of auto-guiding cameras or 1.25" eyepieces.
- The indexed micro-focuser can be locked, enabling the eyepiece or camera to set at the correct focus-point.
- Because the focuser does not rotate, the guide camera is easier to focus and maintain alignment on-target.
- The rear of the focuser also includes a T2 thread to allow the addition of extensions.
- The finder stalk is compatible with most finder scope brackets on the market like Skywatcher, Celestron, Altair Astro, but also includes a Machined universal finder bracket (product code UNIFBR), with a cross-slotted hole pattern to fit most telescopes.
Beware of cheap "guidescope" packages: We are aware of cheap guide-scope packages on the market consisting of cheap achromat telescopes with wobbly rack and pinion focusers. We feel the mechanics on these scopes are inadequate for auto-guiding. The MG50 is also better than the re-purposed 50mm finder scopes with the plastic alignment screws which have rubber O-ring at the front and the single "springy screw" at the back, which are barely able to stay pointed in one direction, let alone capable of guiding.
Delivery Weight Package