Starwave ASCENT 102 ED Triplet APO Refractor
A 102mm Triplet refractor offering APO level colour correction for superb views, and images of the night sky, as well as astrophotography at F5.6 or F7 with accessories.
Altair Astro continues to set the standard when it comes to optical quality control and value for money. Every lens cell has a QC serial number and is guaranteed to arrive in perfect collimation for razor sharp Lunar, planetary, and star images - without colour aberration, even at high powers. Satrurn's rings and the Cassini division, as well as the Great Red Spot on Jupiter, festoons and ovals, pop out easily thanks to the high contrast and well figured and tested optics. With a wide field eyepiece, starfield views are simply stunning, with that "diamonds on black velvet" effect that only a good refractor can produce.
Astrophotography is especially rewarding with the Starwave ASCENT 102 Triplet APO, with star colours rendering as true as possible, thanks to the triplet lens colour correction.
Two focal lengths for astrophotography: Your choice of a separate M63 reducer or field flattener can be used with the ASCENT 102 Triplet APO.
0.8x Reducer Flattener product code: RED102EDTM63
The 0.8x reducer flattener offers imaging at a fast F5.9 focal ratio with a focal length of 571mm and a wider field, to capture more extended deep-sky objects in less time. Rear thread is M48 Male and distance to sensor is 55mm. Spacer info here.
1.0x Flattener product code FLAT102EDTM63
The M63 Field Flattener gives you pinpoint stars at F7 and a longer focal length of 714mm for cropped detailed views of galaxies and nebulae. Rear thread is M48 Male and distance to sensor is 55mm. Spacer info here.
Starwave 102ED Triplet APO Features:
- 102mm F7 ED Triplet lens, Japanese FCD100 Extra Dispersion glass with virtually the same performance as FPL53, but lower cost.
- A Dual speed rack and pinion focuser for astro imaging.
- Focuser has an M63 Female rear thread to attach dedicated reducer or flattener.
- Light Weight of only 4.2kg including tube rings,
- Included 245mm Vixen format dovetail bar for mounting.
- Very compact for travel
- Altair Astro QC for complete quality assurance.
- Dew Shield In - 605mm
Dew Shield Out - 730mm
- Weight - 4.7kg including rings and Vixen dovetail bar.
- 8.5x 50mm Starwave Visual Finder scope product code SWAF50
- Starwave 50mm Guide Scope and GPCAM Guide Camera COMBO Product code MG50-HELI-GP130M
- Altair 2" Premium Positive-Lock Diagonal Product code: DIAG-2IN-POSILOCK
- Altair Ultraflat eyepiece range such as Product code: AAUF10, AAUF18, etc.
- Altair dew heaters - product codes starting with "DEWH-"
- Altair 2" Solar Herschel Wedge for observing sunspots product code SOLWEDGE2
- Altair Safe Solar Finder product code SOLARFINDER-KIT
Altair products ship worldwide - remember that if you are outside the UK, the price you pay is "EX VAT" as shown on the page, i.e. 20% less than the UK retail price. This is because UK local VAT sales tax does not apply to overseas orders. You may have to pay local import duties and taxes in your location.
Altair and dealers reserve the right to change product price and specification.
Delivery Weight Package