Starwave MiniGuider 60 Side-by-Side dovetail bar kit for refractor auto-guiding
Now you can mount your wide field refractor of up to 80mm next to your autoguider unit, whilst keeping the centre of gravity as close to your mount as possible.
This is the ideal kit for someone starting imaging with a refractor up to 80mm. The perfect companion for the Starwave 70ED refractor and the iOptron ZEQ25 mount!
Starwave MiniGuider 60 Side-by-Side dovetail bar kit consists of:
- The renouned Altair Astro 60mm Miniguider OTA, with special super-rigid locking focuser for your autoguider.*
- Starwave 1.75" (44.45mm) width dovetail clamp to mount your refractor on one side.
- The Starwave 200mm 1.75" (44.45mm) width Vixen-format dovetail plate which fits most portable mounts on the market today.
- A set of mini guide scope rings with nylon tipped screws to mount on the opposite side of the dovetail bar, with connecting bar, to mount your 60mm Miniguider.
- A set of M5 screws and nuts to mount the Miniguider 60 rings, and a set of M6 screws and nuts to mount the Starwave1.75" format clamp.
- Can easily support refractors up to 80mm and will accurately guide up to at least 1000mm focal length without differential flexure.
- Keeps your telescopes low and spaced widely enough apart such that the cables and autoguider unit can be adjusted easily without interfering with the main camera, unlike "piggyback setups". This is desirable when imaging with a DSLR enabling it to be easily rotated it when framing the subject. without fouling the autoguider unit.
- The centre dovetail bar can be slid from side to side for easy balancing.
- The Starwave Vixen-format clamp is strong yet light, with 2x spring loaded 2x steel alignment pins. The CNC machined e-coated knobs feature Teflon washers to stop binding. It also has a 1/4" UNC camera tripod thread on the underside, so you use it to mount your telescope on a camera tripod for casual stargazing, or daytime observation.
- The Altair 60mm Miniguider probably needs no introduction. It's widely acclaimed for it's simplicity and accuracy, and is far easier to use than an Off-Axis-Guider (OAG) unit. It doesn't take up space in the imaging train, and require more adapters and calculations, nor does it cause flexure problems, due to it's unique locking focuser, with 3x clamping screws and brass insert. Selecting from a huge field of stars is easy at a very fast F3.75 so you don't need such a sensitive autoguider camera - and what's more, and theres no pickoff prism to intrude into the light-path of your full frame DSLR. Nor does it add flexure to the imaging train, or need to be frequently focused, unlike some cheap OAG units. Simply add your guide camera, set focus, and tighten the locking ring, and that's it. The Miniguider doesn't even need to point in exact the same direction as the main telescope so you can move it around in the (extremely unlikely) event you can't find a bright star.
- The Starwave 200mm dovetail bar is strong, solid and more rigid than the cheap extruded rails often offered with guide-scope kits, and will fit the majority of mounts on the market.
* Do not be tempted to buy a finder-scope with a helical focuser for autoguiding. They focuser loses it's focus easily, and they aren't rigid enough for autoguiding due to the play in the helical mechanism. They are OK for eyepieces but not for autoguiding. We researched this thoroughly, and it's why we developed the superb Altair 1.25" locking focuser.
- Harrison Telescopes
- Tring Astronomy Centre
- Rother Valley Optics
- F1 Telescopes
- Io Astronomy Please note: IO Astronomy voluntarily ceased trading with large unpaid debts affecting the entire UK astronomy industry. You may contact us for problems / issues with Altair or iOptron products ONLY - or try Darkframe Optics / Dave Woods. Unfortunately, we will not be able to support undeclared products bought from the ex-directors after the company ceased trading.
North America & Canada orders:
- Land Sea & Sky (Takahashi America) USA
- Cloudbreak Optics USA
- Ontario Telescopes Canada/North America
Products can be ordered online from Altair with tracked insured shipping to anywhere in the world. For large items shipping price may need to be re-quoted.
Russia orders: Please contact.