The PHOTON Newtonian reflector with 150 mm aperture and an f-ratio of f/5 is well suited for observation and astrophotography and an ideal beginner´s telescope.
- Aperture 150 mm / Focal length 750 mm / F-ratio F5
- High-quality parabolic primary mirror with 94 % reflection coating for a brighter image.
- Large secondary mirror with 63mm diameter for a well illuminated image field for astrophotography
- Precise 2" Crayford focuser for accurate focusing - Motorfocus optional.
- Adjustable primary- and secondary mirror holder made of metal, convenient collimation marking on primary mirror
- Focus position optimized for observation with all customary eyepieces and for astrophotography with coma correctors
- Due to its short build the Newtonian is suitable for smaller mounts (Skywatcher EQ3 upwards)
- Central mark on the primary mirror for easy collimation
- Generous equipment: 6x30 finder scope, ring clamps, dovetail included
Astrophotography is also possible with this telescope. The generously-rated secondary mirror offers a very good illumination. Rather than corner-vignetting the telescope shows light and information. The high-quality 2" Crayford focuser (ball bearings) accepts all customary coma correctors. These features makes this telescope an ideal astrograph for astrophotography.
A superb beginner´s telescope
Thanks to its convenient handling and its solid build, this PHOTON Newtonian is ideally suited for beginners. For this Newtonian telescope we recommend the Skywatcher mount EQ3 or EQ5. You find both mounts in our accessory section below. From the outset you achieve wonderful observations of moon and planets, but also of nebulae and galaxies with this telescope. Later on this Newtonian can be upgraded with accessories, such as coma correctors for astrophotography or even binoviewers. The PHOTON Newtonian fits your needs.
- Aperture: 150 mm (6")
- Focal length: 750 mm
- F-ratio: f/5
- Primary mirro: Parabolic primary mirror with 94 % reflection and Quartz protection coating
- Secondary mirro: 63 mm - ideal for APS-C format sensors with suitable coma correctors
- Field of view: roughly 38 mm illumination (90 %) - suitable for full format cameras and large 2" eyepieces
- Focuser: 2" Crayford focuser with adapter to 1,25" and ring clamping
- Backfokus: roughly 78 mm
- Tube weight: 5,9 kg
- Tube diameter: 179 mm
- Tube length: 690 mm