TS PHOTON 8" f/5 Newtonian telescope - for Observing and Astrophotography:
This telescope is a true all-rounder and ranks among the best in this range. Through the versatile focal ratio of f/5, the Newtonian offers best prerequisites for lunar and planetary observations. The optimized secondary mirror is designed for deep-sky observations as well as for astrophotography.
The advantages of the PHOTON Newtonian at a glance:
- Moderate focal ratio for short exposure times for astrophotography.
- Very high sharpness on moon and planets
- Secondary mirror provides good illumination, for example for DSLR cameras
- Large backfocus allows using popular coma correctors and cameras
- High-quality primary mirror of optical BK7 glass with enhanced 94% reflectivity coating provides a bright, clear image.
- Stable 2" Crayford focuser with 10:1 dual speed and 1.25" reduction adapter
- Motor focus can be retrofitted at any time
- Quicker cooling down, quicker observing, quicker photographing through fan for the primary mirror
- Steel tube and metal mirror cells for optimal adjustment stability
- Only available from TS: carbon tube for retrofitting - for ultimative transportation
Why do we recommend a PHOTON Newtonian instead of all other comparable Newtonians?
- This PHOTON newtonian telescope has GSO optics inside. The manufacturer keeps the optical performance of the mirrors on constantly high level. What is more, a PHOTON newtonian telescope can grow with your demands:
- For the 8" Photon Newtonian, we offer a Carbon Tube Upgrade Kit where you can reuse all components of your Newtonian, except the tube.
- We offer secondary mirrors of different sizes so you can adapt the Newtonian to your individual demands, whether planetary observation or deep-sky imaging with full-size sensor.
Delivery Weight Package