Vixen SPHINX DELUX SXD2 equatorial GoTo Mount with PF-L Pole Viewfinder
- GoTo mount with computer control
- Starbook Ten control with high-resolution monitor
- 272,000 preinstalled celestial objects
- Standard auto guider input on the control
- Dimensions: 360 mm x 343 mm x 128 mm
- Weight: 9.2 kg
- Load: 15 kg (photographic) without counterweight
- Accessories: 2 counterweights (1.9 kg and 3.7 kg)
Vixen has developed a new generation of SX mounts for demanding observers and astrophotographers.
The SXD2 mount comes with the new STAR BOOK TEN control feature and be operated manually or with a computer. Featuring the same precision stepper motors as the top-of-the range AXD mount, the SXD2 sets a new standard for performance and precision in the Vixen mount range.
Precision stepper motors and micro-step motion control system
The star feature of the SXD2 is the precision stepper motors, which offer better performance and responsiveness than previous models. The micro-step motion control system has powerful yet very quiet drive characteristics that offer both fine control and quick swivel movements.
The bearings of the RA and DEC axles and the worm shafts were significantly improved in order to reduce the load on the motors. The motors are much quieter than those on previous models.
High-precision worm gears
High-precision processing technologies were used to rectify problems with the worm gear. The edges of both worms and worm gears are particularly smooth, which enables them to deliver very high precision.
Declination axis functions as counterweight
The sturdy motor units are built into the bottom of the declination axis to ensure that the SDX2’s centre of gravity is below the intersection of the RA and DEC axis. As a result, fewer additional counterweights are required.
- R.A. Sprocket: 180 teeth
- DEC sprocket: 180 teeth
- Bearings: Carbon steel / decl. 35 mm RA 40 mm thickness
- Polar finder telescope: 6x20 mm PFL polar viewfinder
- Height fine adjustment: 0° to70°, (+/- 15° fine adjustment, height)
- Azimuth adjustment Twin-screw fine adjustment
- Control: STAR BOOK TEN
- Power supply: DC 12 V; 0.4~1.7 A
- Maximum load: 15 kg photographic without counterweight
- Counterweight: 1x 1.9 kg and 1x 3.7 kg
- Dimensions: 36 cm (H) x 12 cm (W) x 36 cm (L)
- Weight: 8.8 kg (19.4lb), without counterweight
- 1.9 kg and 3.7 kg counterweight
- PFL-II polar viewfinder
- Cigarette lighter cable
|GENERAL TECHNICAL DATA|
|Latitude adjustment range (degrees) (approx.) from||0|
|Latitude adjustment range (degrees) (approx.) up to||70|
|Mount Type||German/Equatorial Mount with GoTo|
|DIMENSIONS & WEIGHTS|
|Total length||360 mm|
|Total width||120 mm|
|Total height||360 mm|
|Net weight (without access.)||8800 g|
|Maximum load capacity||15 kg|
Delivery Weight Package